Journey to Kristen

The story of our adoption of our new daughter, Kristen. We are so excited to be welcoming her home from South Korea! Check back for updates and to hear all about our travel and Kristen arriving home at last!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

TRAVEL CALL!!!!!!!

This morning at 7:56 our phone rang and was our social worker! It was finally time! Forrest answered the phone - which was only fair because I received Daniel's travel call. I was truly in shock at first - I called a few people and knew I should be more excited but was just not sure it was really happening!

I posted to my yahoo adoption groups and the agency bulletin boards that I post on, and as I was typing the tears began to fall. But they were happy and relieved tears! Our daughter is coming home at last!

We received Kristen's file over a year ago. God has led us on a very interesting and curvy path to get us to this place. I have to say that my heart is much more ready right now than it was a year ago, and even several months ago. While I truly wouldn't want to wait as long as we have for Kristen, I know it will be worth it in the end!

I leave Saturday morning with my sister - we get to fly out of our home city airport which is so exciting because we already know quite a few friends and family will be there to meet us! We get to stop in Japan on the way over - so we can say we visited two countries!

A week from now we will be home as a family of five! Our return flight comes in next Thursday night. This is going to be a pretty fast trip, but we plan to return in the not too distant future with the whole family to see and do more things.

I have felt like I could leap into the air and scream for joy all day today! Thank you God for such wonderful news!

5 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Shan said...

YAAAYYYY!!!!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post!
God is so good!!
I am so thankful you have held tight to Him and sought Him this whole time - you are an inspiration as I walk a path behind you!!
Your children will rise up and call you blessed!!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger R&H said...

CONGRATS! FINALLY you get to travel to get your sweet little girl. I'm very excited for your family!!

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May 20th - MANY PRAYERS!!

Can't wait to read your updated posts :-)

God is so good!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah!!
You are in the air right now and I am so excited!!!!
I can't wait to get our girls back together again. Megan has missed her dear friend and we are so excited that she has a home and that YOU are her mommy!!
We love you both!!
:)
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home