Journey to Kristen

The story of our adoption of our new daughter, Kristen. We are so excited to be welcoming her home from South Korea! Check back for updates and to hear all about our travel and Kristen arriving home at last!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

In Korea!

We arrived in Korea safely last night around 9:30. Our luggage made the trip with us - thank you, God! We got through customs and immigration with no trouble, exchanged our money and found a taxi to where we are staying!

I sent Hannah to buy water at a store in the airport last night before we got in the taxi so we would have something to drink when we got to the Co-Op where we are staying. She went in the store and found a little Evian bottle and a bigger (1 liter) bottle. She held them up and I said to get the big ones so we had enough. She paid and it cost almost $10 for just those two bottles! I expected to pay a little more because we were in the airport, but not that much! She also said the girl at the checkout kept trying to tell her something but she didn't know what. I was too busy trying to get us where we needed to be to think much more about it until the middle of the night when I went to get a drink. The lid was metal which I thought was kind of oddd. I got a whiff of something kind of funny and looked closer and realized that it is some kind of alcoholic drink! So, we need to go on a drink mission, soon!

It was very overwhelming as we landed last night to realize that I am in Korea, where my precious Daniel started his life and where Kristen is. It is almost surreal!

It was dark when we arrived, so I am looking forward to getting to see things in the light today. We are not sure of our schedule yet, but will find out later in the day.

4 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEARS OF JOY!!
Praise God!!!

lol re:drinks

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I am glad that you made it there save and let us know as soon as you see your little girl! I can't wait to see her!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Shan said...

I am praying that you get some water, food and rest and are ready to meet your sweet girl soon! :D

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for all to be well Bekah. You, Hannah and Kristin will be close to my mind until you are safely home. Hugs from GA. ~katy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home