Journey to Kristen

The story of our adoption of our new daughter, Kristen. We are so excited to be welcoming her home from South Korea! Check back for updates and to hear all about our travel and Kristen arriving home at last!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Our first adventure into Seoul!

We have successfully navigated the subway system here! Hooray for us! We took the subway one stop away at rush hour in the morning - it was packed! We found where we needed to be, but came up on the wrong side of the station to go to Starbucks and had to go all the way down and up again. We are getting our stair exercise!

We found Starbucks and had some breakfast - after finding some real water. ;)

Then we headed over to SWS - we had to go back down and up through the subway again. We knew we were at the right building when I saw my friend who is also here for a child from the same home where Kristen lives. It was so nice to see a "familiar" face - although we had technically never met! We went up to the office and found out that we would be going to amsa to meet Kristen this afternoon at 1:30!

After some Excedrin with breakfast and that news, I am feeling much better! We walked the whole way back - it isn't very far at all. I know how to get to the big bookstore I want to visit - that could be dangerous! I am feeling much better about things now.

The place we are staying is furnished in IKEA-type furniture. It is very cool. There are little cupboards and shelves everywhere - we are all moved in.

The next time I post, I will have met Kristen! I am so excited - I was going to try to nap, but there is now I would be able to sleep!

8 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

So very happy for you Bekah!!! You've waited so long for this moment... ENJOY every second in Korea... it is a BEAUTIFUL country. Can't wait to hear about your first visit with Kristen. God Bless! ~Stacy (from the Holt BB!)

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The anticipation is KILLING me, Bekah!! I can't wait to hear all about your sweet Kristen and how she reacts to her long awaited mommy! It's got to be such an overwhelming feeling to KNOW that you are meeting the person who will be whisking you away to your new home in America. Sending LOTS of hugs to you and Kristen as you begin that huge adjustment!! Hurry hurry and get some pictures of your first meeting up!!! I'm sooooo excited to see you guys together at last.
Have a fabulous first meeting, Bekah!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Shan said...

By the time you get this, you should have met your sweet girl. I am so excited to hear how it went! Praying for you!

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE MET KRISTEN BY NOW!

Tears, goosebumps and prayers.....
cannot wait here in suspese much long...

YAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures of you finally meeting your new little girl are just precious!!! I can't stop crying. . . we love you, we are praying for you, and Lord willing we will welcome you home this week!
God is good!!!!
Love you, Aunt Marcia

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger heather said...

So excited for you. Praying God's blessing on this first meeting and safe travels back to the States. Blessings!

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We saw the pictures!!
Now we want to hear all about it!
:)
Lisa

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger CC said...

Wonderful wonderful wonderful!!!!! I just saw your 1st pics with Kristen and I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous little girl and so smiley! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home