Journey to Kristen

The story of our adoption of our new daughter, Kristen. We are so excited to be welcoming her home from South Korea! Check back for updates and to hear all about our travel and Kristen arriving home at last!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Talking!

My girl is starting to talk, really talk to me! I am sitting here on the couch just marveling at her. This morning she was "reading" a book...and saying real words that were in it and on the correct page. Then she brought me a book that she made about herself and school and showed me her name and told me it was her name. She had a picture of cat food in it and told me "Percy eat it." There was a drawn picture of her and I asked who is was and she said "Me." She understood what I was asking and had an appropriate response! She then showed me her brown eyes.

It is really impossible to write out how amazing this change is. All of a sudden she is volunteering information, asking me questions, asking us to come with her - communicating!

We are finalizing her adoption in a week - just before Christmas. I am so glad everything will be final. And then sharing the whole Christmas season with her is so exciting. Everything is "Ooooooh" and she is so fun to watch.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Yay for Kristen!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home