Journey to Kristen

The story of our adoption of our new daughter, Kristen. We are so excited to be welcoming her home from South Korea! Check back for updates and to hear all about our travel and Kristen arriving home at last!

Monday, May 22, 2006

We met Kristen!

It is still hard to believe I am IN a picture with my little girl. It was so neat, but almost unbelieveable to walk into the building and see Kristen walking around in real life.

She was pretty shy with us, and the care givers and social worker both said over and over that she was just being shy around new people. I am glad that we get to visit her again today before we pick her up.

I loved getting to see her with her care-givers. I can tell they took such good care of her and have enjoyed having her. One of them cross-stitched the background of a clock as a present for Forrest and I. It is so cool.

There was a whole big box full of things for Kristen to bring home. She has a hanbok, some clothes and shoes plus some very special things. From her school she has a whole scrapbook of work and pictures of her school, her teacher, and friends. Her teacher also had a pretty envelope with some Korean money inside it. Then there was a scrapbook from her time at amsa - some super precious pictures are in there. There is a little heart shaped box with hair pretties inside it - she opened it up and oohed and aahed. Hannah and I looked at each and said, "She is a girly-girl!" It was pouring rain, so they are going to bring it to the meeting Tuesday for us. I am praying it isn't raining then so we can get it back.

We got to tour amsa and see where Kristen had therapy and meet her therapists. She walked into the rooms and knew just what to do and where to go!

I was too nervous to eat before we went, so we were starving afterwards. It was pouring rain, so we went into the Subway right around the corner from the agency and ate. It was still pouring rain, so we went out and down into the real subway and bought an umbrella. EVERYONE has umbrellas here. The ticket window for the subway was closed, so we just started walking. We ended up soaking wet by the time we got back and we were so tired!

So, we went to bed around 5:30 here. We both slept for eight hours, but now it is 3:30 and we are wide awake!

I want to try to go to the big bookstore today before our meeting. Then after, if it isn't raining, we should try to go shop at one of the markets.

Thanks for all the prayers and notes of support!

13 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many tears of joy!
so many prayers to our Lord who has orchestrated all of this!

I am soaking in every word....
and shedding so many tears for you both!

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah!!
I am so happy!!!!
Even if you're tired and wet GO SHOPPING!!!!
:)
Hugs to you and that sweet angel.
Love ya!
Lisa
(Megan is SO happy to see her friend with her mommy!!)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Shan said...

I LOVE IT! Sooooo precious! I can't wait to see you BOTH on Thursday! :D

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah I am soooooo happy for you! how awesome is our GOD!!!! : ) Im praying for everything for everyone and I am helping your lil guy here! Dan Dan and I have had some fun! hope to get to see him tomorrow! he sure misses his mommy! :) c ya thursday!!!!!!!! BELLS AND SIGNS AND BALLOONS!!!!!!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah!!!! I'm so happy to see you and your daughter sitting in the same room together! Tears of joy are falling for you!!!! Can't wait to hear more of your time in Korea. Praying for your journey home and for Kristen's adjustment. ((((Hugs))))

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bekah!! Shedding tears of JOY for you! I'm just sooo happy to see you and Kristen together at last! What a precious angel she is! I'm just hating that I can't be there on Thursday. I will most definitely be there in spirit!
God Bless!
Wendy

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger owlhaven said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Mary, mom to many

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger julie682000 said...

Bekah,
I am so happy that you got to meet Kristin! She was so sweet when we were there. She was very quiet but I wonder if because her other friends were in school she didn't have them to giggle and play with. She is always dressed so pretty. They take such good care of them. Tiffany took some wonderful pictures of Kristin. Thank God I brought a photographer with me :) Praying Kristin does well today. I wonder if she is coming with Braiden to sws.
Julie

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger julie682000 said...

I am so happy for you. Kristin was really shy when we were there. I don't think she would have been so shy if her other friends weren't in school. She was so sweet. I wonder if she will be riding with Braiden to sws. Glad to hear that you got some sleep last night. It was a good night to sleep with all of the rain. Hope to see you before we leave. Julie

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah it is so good to see you and Kristen together! I can't wait to see here LORD WILLING thursday! God id sooo Good!
Love You ALL,
Sarah

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bekah,
I am so, so happy for you and your sweet Kristen!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger CC said...

How wonderful! I love the pictures. She is beyond beautiful. I hope you know how to do all those cool things with girl hair since she is used to it! ;) Fill us in on all of her skills and therapy and schooling too (or at least fill me in).

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Congrats!! Kristen is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! Praying for you guys and SO VERY HAPPY for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home